Welcome back to a brand new school year. Let’s hope for a happy, healthy 2021 and a year when we can get back to something a bit more like normal.
We all hope that you have had a fantastic and well deserved Christmas break.
- PE lessons will be every Thursday afternoon and every other Friday afternoon. Please make sure that your child has their PE kit in school every Thursday and Friday. They should bring their PE kit in a bag and as soon as they are changed out of their kit at the end of the session, the kit will go back into the bag and can then be taken home to be washed if you wish to do so.
- Homework will be sent home every Friday and is expected to be returned to school by the following Wednesday. We will carry on setting the work on Google Classroom, but we will be putting the spellings in homework books as we would like the children to be practicing their handwriting as well as their spellings every week.
- Reading books should be signed at home at least twice a week and should be in school every day, but will also be checked on Wednesdays along with the homework.
Please find below what we will be learning about:
- Maths: In maths we will be continuing with our new scheme ‘Power Maths.’ We will be looking at multiplication and division, fractions and shape and space.
- English: In English our featured texts will be The Princess Blankets and The Man Who Walked Between The Towers. We will be producing Fantasy Narrative Stories and newspaper reports and biographies.
- Topic: Grand Designs. Through our topic we will find out about the famous buildings in a number of different contexts.
- Science: In our science lessons, we will be studying properties of materials and types of change..
- PHSE: JIGSAW: We will be looking at the topics: “Dreams and Goals” and “Healthy Me.”
- RE: Why do some people describe life as being like a journey? In RE the children will be looking at what different views are to life and the journey they travel on through their lives.
- PE: Dance and Games. In PE the children will take part in a dance and games activities for the first half term.
- Music: Charanga. During our music lessons the children will be working through units of the online Charanga resource.
- ICT: In ICT we will be learning about grand designs and sketch up.
- MFL: French
HOME LEARNING LINKS / IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER
- Every half term the children will still receive ‘Take Away Homework’ a menu of homework activities linked to our Topic. If you would like to email us your child’s homework please email to email@example.com FAO Mr. Griffin.
- The children will also be set homework on Google Classroom every week.
- Home Reading: Reading a school book is part of your homework. Reading books are changed or checked every Wednesday but will be changed on other days if a book has been completed. Your child’s reading diary must be signed before a new book is given and all activities completed (if applicable).
- All homework needs to be completed each week and handed in by each Wednesday to achieve GREEN for Homework in your Assertive Mentoring. If you hand it in on Thursday you will achieve YELLOW and after that you will achieve RED for that week.
- You all have an ACTIVE LEARN and Times Tables Rockstars login for other Maths activities, games and multiplication facts practise to enjoy at home online. Please ask an adult to see your teacher for a replacement card if you lose or forget your login. Web links:
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Please ensure your name is clearly written in all your school uniform. We have a permanent marker if you need to write your child’s name in their jumper etc.
- Please ensure your correct and full PE kit is in school all week as PE days can change in school (it will be sent home every half term to wash, unless you would like to take it more regularly, particularly under the current conditions).
- Bring your reading book and reading diary to school every day. Sometimes a reading volunteer will choose you for extra reading.
- Please bring a school water bottle every day. Take it home each day and ask your grown up to clean and refill for you.
- All the equipment you need is supplied for you in school. Please do not bring in your own pencils, rubbers etc from home.