Adventure story

Footsteps. the floorboards creaked . Someone was coming ! Who could it be ? The twilight twinkled in the distance while we were stuck in danger – imminent danger . As we were hiding behind a crate , it set alight and went out again and was unscathed .  The streetlights flickered and turned midnight black . The rasping breath was advancing towards us . The rasping breath dissolved into the spine -chilling mist . the silence was deafening . My mouth was as dry as a desert while my fingers were trembling like an earthquake . We stepped out of the shadows towards the light of the gleaming stars . In the distance we saw a cabin . Within seconds , we were dashing briskly . Suddenly my jumper got caught in a tree ; I thought I was being ambushed by the claws of a menacing beast . I managed to grasp my hood and free myself . We started sprinting again . After clambering through a previously smashed window , we hid in a dusty , ancient upstairs cupboard . A shadow loomed over us …

The lamp posts had ejected the light and we were in the sinister gloom . Footsteps devoured up the stairs through the emerald vapour. they were coming .

To be continued…

by Evie 6T