Willie’s Dairy Entry by Daisy

Dear Dairy,

Today has been a day with lots of mixed feelings. I got evacuated. I had a few tears welling up in my eyes. That was only because I didn’t want to say goodbye to London. I hated my mother. She only liked me when I was good. She was so cruel. I have been evacuated to a town called Little Weirwold. I was evacuated on this metal thingy which the person next to me told me it was a train. Then when I arrived at the home where I would be staying the lady rang the doorbell. Then this tall gruff man was staring right down at me. I was a bit frightened really then the lady spoke to the man I think she said this is Willie he’s going to stay with you for a while or something like that.When I came in he took my coat and hung it on the coat stand thingy I don’t know its name.He is not the nicest person I’ve ever met but he’s ok. It’s a bit of a relief that I moved in with Mr Thomas Oakley. I thought I wouldn’t have someone to live with. I thought I wouldn’t have anybody and then end up in a children’s Home so I am very lucky really.

Mr Tom is a very kind man, nicer than my mother, I think she was very mean and did it her way all the time which isn’t fair. In Mr Tom’s house I got my own room which is nice, he had a dog called Sammy. I think he likes me. Mr Tom hasn’t hurt me once, which is good. His house is quite small but that doesn’t bother me. Anyway, I am just in bed. It isn’t that comfy but I’m ok with that as long as I have a bed I don’t mind. I bet some children don’t even have a bed to sleep on which is unfortunate. Now I am safe and sound in my new home but the question is will this be my home forever…

Willie

1 thought on “Willie’s Dairy Entry by Daisy”