Willie’s Diary Entry

Dear Diary,  

November 16 1939                                                 

I woke up at 6:07 in the morning. I was in a terrible shock this morning,

I never shivered that bad before. Twenty minutes after I got up WW2 had started.  I accidentally wet myself cause of the sirens, I went pale and threw up on the brown wooden floor . So Mr Tom grabbed me and ran up stairs to the toilet then I  threw  up even more. Then when I calmed down, we both went sprinting down the stairs,  and put black paper on the windows, so no one will bomb our house.

Later there were planes flying over us and it was the Germans, they were loaded with bombs. A couple of hours later we were listening to next door screaming crying then a massive bang came from next door and it wasn’t just one bang it was 3 bangs and 3 is plenty 

BANG! BANG! BANG! It went. You can be very very lucky to be alive and this is definitely the worst day of my life. Even known that my Mum did hit me I still hope she is ok. My Dad passed away last year. Now there is WW 2 so my Mum could die now and I do not want that I would be gutted.  

JOSHUA