It’s me again! There is no escape from Mr. Griffin!
We all hope that you have had a fantastic summer break.
- PE lessons will be every Thursday afternoon and every other Friday afternoon. Please make sure that your child has their PE kit in school every Thursday and Friday. They should bring their PE kit in a bag and as soon as they are changed out of their kit at the end of the session, the kit will go back into the bag and can then be taken home to be washed if you wish to do so.
- Homework will be sent home every Friday and is expected to be returned to school by the following Wednesday.
- Reading books should be signed at home at least twice a week and should be in school every day, but will also be checked on Wednesdays along with the homework.
Please find below what we will be learning about:
- Maths: In maths we will be starting our new scheme ‘Power Maths.’ We will be looking at place value (4 digit numbers) and addition and subtraction.
- English: In English our featured texts will be Leon and the Place Between and Pandora. We will be looking at Non-chronological reports and Narrative writing in particular.
- Topic: The Tudors. Through our topic we will find out about the Tudors in a number of different contexts. We will look at famous famous characters and events from Tudor times and will work hard to develop our historical enquiry skills.
- Science: Earth and Space. In our science lessons we will be studying Earth and Space.
- PHSE: JIGSAW: COVID Recovery Program and Being Me in my World. We will start the year by completing the Jigsaw ‘COVID recovery program.’ We will look at how routines have changed in school and how to keep ourselves safe. We will also look at worries that we may have and what we can do to help. After that we will look at ‘Being Me in my World.’ During this ‘puzzle’ the children will be looking at their thoughts and feelings during new experiences. They will be looking at what makes them proud and how this made them feel. They will create their own personal and class targets linked to our Investors in Pupils and assess their progress in achieving them. They will look at and discuss the Jigsaw Charter including the ‘right to pass’ and then help to create their own rules for the classroom.
- RE: Why do some people describe life as being like a journey? In RE the children will be looking at what different views are to life and the journey they travel on through their lives.
- PE: Dance and Games. In PE the children will take part in a dance and games activities for the first half term.
- Music: Charanga. During our music lessons the children will be working through units of the online Charanga resource.
- ICT: In ICT we will be learning about E safety including how to keep safe online, Blogging such as how to leave and comment on blogs on our school webpage and we will also be looking at virtual worlds.
- MFL: French
HOME LEARNING LINKS / IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER
- Every half term the children will receive ‘Take Away Homework’ a menu of homework activities linked to our Topic. If you would like to email us your child’s homework please email to email@example.com FAO Mr. Griffin.
- The children will also be sent a piece of maths or literacy work.
- Home Reading: Reading a school book is part of your homework. Reading books are changed or checked every Wednesday but will be changed on other days if a book has been completed. Your child’s reading diary must be signed before a new book is given and all activities completed (if applicable).
- All homework needs to be completed each week and handed in by each Wednesday to achieve GREEN for Homework in your Assertive Mentoring. If you hand it in on Thursday you will achieve YELLOW and after that you will achieve RED for that week.
- You all have an ACTIVE LEARN and Times Tables Rockstars login for other Maths activities, games and multiplication facts practise to enjoy at home online. Please ask an adult to see your teacher for a replacement card if you lose or forget your login. Web links:
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Please ensure your name is clearly written in all your school uniform. We have a permanent marker if you need to write your child’s name in their jumper etc.
- Please ensure your correct and full PE kit is in school all week as PE days can change in school (it will be sent home every half term to wash, unless you would like to take it more regularly, particularly under the current conditions).
- Bring your reading book and reading diary to school every day. Sometimes a reading volunteer will choose you for extra reading.
- Please bring a school water bottle every day. Take it home each day and ask your grown up to clean and refill for you.
- All the equipment you need is supplied for you in school. Please do not bring in your own pencils, rubbers etc from home.