Whilst we follow the national curriculum, our curriculum is unique because it is shaped by and for our children. Our curriculum has been carefully designed, planned and organised to ensure that ‘arts’ and ‘democracy’ lie at the heart of all that we do, whilst meeting the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum.
Our curriculum has been designed to offer a range of experiences to ensure our children benefit from a full range of activities which will enrich their lives and live successfully in the ever changing world. Lessons are stimulating and interesting where children work collaboratively yet developing their independence.
Teachers plan the curriculum around the needs of our children ensuring that there are plenty of opportunities for cross curricular learning to enable the children to use their skills and understanding in all areas of the curriculum. When it is appropriate, we also make links to the core subjects and the other foundation subjects to give the children a real context to their learning and to inspire their imaginations.
The curriculum is filled with first hand purposeful experiences which enable children to expand their horizons and benefit from the breadth of opportunities available in our locality. These give children the chance to take on challenges and delve deeper to extend their expertise.
In Early Years, we follow the EYFS curriculum and from Key Stage 1, we follow the national curriculum and ensures that every child receives an appropriate mix of academic and personal development placing equal importance on core and foundation subjects. This means that at Corrie children will be well rounded successful young people who will be confident to tackle any challenge they may face.
In order to ensure continuity and progression across subjects, each curriculum area has a subject leader and the whole curriculum is monitored and improved by our Deputy headteacher responsible for the curriculum.
- Curriculum Statement
- Outdoor Area
- Role Play
- Sand Water
- Our Town, Our Denton – Autumn Term 2019-20 – 1
- World Kitchen – Autumn Term 2019-20 – 2
- Dungeons and Dragons – Spring Term 2019-20
- Seaside Rescue – Summer Term 2019-20
- Stone Age – Autumn Term 2019-20
- Ancient Egypt – Spring Term 2019-20
- Extreme Earth – Summer Term 2019-20
- Invaders and Settlers – Autumn Term 2019-20
- Waters of the World – Spring Term 2019-20 – 1
- A Walk in Denton – Spring Term 2019-20 – 2
- Let the Music Play – Summer Term 2019-20
- The Tudors – Autumn Term 2019-20
- Grand Designs – Spring Term 2019-20
- The Ancient Maya – Summer Term 2019-20 – 1
- Survivor – Summer Term 2019-20 – 2